Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

5 life moments when my heart skipped a beat

The title in itself is a prelude to what's gonna come by. I'm sure there are certain moments in all of our lives where we feel our hearts just stopped beating for a second. It maybe special for some, regrettable for some and just a feel good factor for the others. I hope you can relate to some or all of them.
Numero Uno :  Your crush smiles back at you


Oh yeah, that's right. This is probably the first real-time heart beat skipping moment. You'd have pined for this one moment for your entire life and when she does it, feels as if everything around you is surreal. You would've dreamt of this a million times, but when it does happen you just can't help going on cloud nine.


Numero Dos : The bitter taste of failure
Being an average performer at both academics and sports, I never really thought how real failure felt like. The first time I saw a 0/100 was in my 11th grade. When the test scores were put up on the pin-up board, I thought it was just some joke but when the truth dawned on me, all hell broke loose. I guess just like your first success, you can never forget your first failures, maybe harder. New school, new people and high on fun! Thank god, there was no negative marking.
Numero Tres : When your bike falls into the ditch




Trust me, "pain" in any form is painful. That night, though ages ago, is plain-sight in my head. I finally learned how to ride my bicycle and it was one of the proudest moments of life! So this was like a daily schedule, after I got back from school. I'd get on my "bike" and go on rounds to see what's happening around my locality and make that idiotic bell sound. So one evening, when I was returning I just had this weird idea of riding it without using my hands.. as in my hands were just outstretched. I didn't know what overtook me, but to add to that I closed my eyes! It was a sloping lane with no vehicles on it and I thought at that moment, "biggest stunt master on Earth!". Well it was just for a moment and then my brain went blank. Next time I open my eyes, I can feel numbness all over my body. There were gashes all over my legs. And yes, for a moment my heart skipped a beat. "I'd landed myself in the ditch!" 



Numero Cuatro : My first *kiss*

Well the picture has nothing to do with my first kiss. It was at a cinema. I don't even know what the name of the movie was! Who cares? There was a lot of  hand-holding, sweat beads on both of our fore-heads. Although we were seated in the last row, I was freaked out like a chicken. My thoughts kept me busy, 'To do it or not do it?' 'When to go for the kill?' 'What if she hates me for this?'. And then something magical happened. She tilted her head towards me, the faint light of the screen illuminating her beautiful face and marvelous eyes. When I looked into her eyes, I perfectly knew what she wanted then. I leaned my face towards hers, she did the same and that one moment before I closed my eyes for the very first kiss of my life, my heart skipped a beat. A huge one at that! ;)

Numero Cinco : Splash!


 

There was this day when we were supposed to learn diving from a great height. It seemed all super cool and exciting when everybody went up the ladder and jumped. Finally, it was my turn. I started climbing and that's when the fear kicked in. It was very high. To me, if anybody had whispered into my ears that it was 30 feet, I would have believed them, without a second thought. I had  left my common sense on the ground. So when I finally reached the tip of the diving board, I only wanted to go back the way I came. I'm not a person afraid of heights. It was the jumping part . And with my heart beating like a drumbeat, so loud, it was me and the water, with only the air separating us. The rest of the world had disappeared. And I made up my mind and sat on the diving board. And then, I could hear my coach and seniors and a few juniors asking me to get up and jump. I wasn't going to, of course. Until this one senior sneaked behind me threw a stone at me from the ladder. I was startled and my balance wavered and I jumped. The journey would have been for three to four seconds, but to me, it was blissful eternity. That one moment when my fingers I touched the cold water, my heart truly skipped a *beat* and I felt invincible. After that, there was eternal bliss. I was pulled inside it by the force and I realized I'd never felt that alive and free.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading the article above,the article is very interesting and effective.
    I am working in Vehicle towing company. It is provide Best Car towing service in Uk. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are the horrifying events you have shared here.I would like to write a blog on my site dad bracelet because I loved your post so much.

    ReplyDelete